Community Action Agency of Delaware County will take air conditioners in working condition for no fee. They will even pick them up. Their phone number is (610) 874-8451. If you have an air conditioner in non-working condition, then please reach out to H&R Trucking. They will pick them up for a small fee. Their phone number is (610) 833-2836.
If you have water in your basement from the storm, or experienced any damages from the storm, please contact Yeadon’s Emergency Management team at (610) 284-1606 Ext. 152 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A list will be compiled and sent to the county. Thank you.
Yeadon Police proudly announces its 1st Annual Youth Police Academy. The program will run (9) weeks, beginning September 19, 2018 ending with a graduation on November 14, 2018. Classes will be held at Yeadon Borough Hall, every Wednesday from 6:30pm to 8:30pm unless otherwise noted in the schedule. The academy is free, and class size is limited to 12 students of the William Penn School District grades 9-12. The application can be found here.
The Lansdowne Arts Board presents “Through the Looking Glass: Visions from the Penn Wood Class of 2018,” an exhibit at the 20*20 House Gallery, 20 Lansdowne Court in Lansdowne. The exhibit is free and open to the public and runs until August 12, on Saturdays and Sundays, from 2:00-4:00 pm.
The exhibit features artwork in oil painting, ceramics, drawing, and sculpture from seniors Motunrayo Agbeye, Jestina Bao, Pewu Besson, Azar Clarkson, Nadiah Davis, Vickiana Dulcio, Martha Freeman, Danae Holmes, Tymara Jones-Love, Jazmine Lane, Hosoi El Myatt-Knox, lxchele Ortiz, Imani Medina, Talena Mitchell, Dynesha Robinson, Myles Smith, Kiera Stevens, and Kelly Young.
Yeadon Public Library (YPL) is proud to offer eligible* library card holders the opportunity to borrow a museum pass to any one of six local museums and attractions. The passes are annual memberships that were purchased with funds raised by the Friends of Yeadon Public Library. As a result, you will now be able to visit any of the places below for FREE — most of the memberships allow two adults and four children.
Museum passes are valid at the following locations:
- Academy of Natural Sciences – Philadelphia, PA
- African American Museum – Philadelphia, PA
- Elmwood Park Zoo – Norristown, PA
- Morris Arboretum – Philadelphia, PA
- National Constitution Center – Philadelphia, PA
- Penn Museum of Archaeology & Anthropology – Philadelphia, PA
*Eligible for adults with a Delaware County Libraries card in good standing, with no overdue books or fines.
The passes are pending placement in the Delaware County Library Circulation System and should be available for borrowing from YPL beginning Friday, August 10, 2018!
Other DCL Libraries also offer Museum Passes.
Museum Pass Policy – Yeadon Public Library
- Yeadon Public Library (YPL) Museum Passes may be borrowed by Delaware County Library cardholders ages 18 and over who are in good standing.
- All Museum Passes belonging to Yeadon Public Library must be picked up at YPL.
- YPL Passes must be returned in person at the YPL circulation desk; they cannot be returned in the drop box.
- YPL Museum Passes are loaned for 5 days, no renewals are allowed. YPL Passes must be returned by closing time on the due date.
- Only ONE YPL museum pass may be checked out per household at any time.
- Please call ahead on the day you wish to pick-up the pass (pass must be picked up on the day you requested it, or it will go to the next patron).
- There is a $5.00 per day overdue fine for Museum Passes. The maximum fine is the cost of the Pass (varies from $75 – $275).
- If the Museum Pass is lost or stolen, the patron will be responsible for the full cost of the replacement membership.
- Library patrons checking out a pass are responsible for carefully reading the museum guidelines since each of the museums sets its own rules and regulations for the passes. The library assumes no responsibility for any misunderstandings that a patron may have regarding the terms of a particular pass.