July 9, 2018 through August 24, 2018 – 10:00 am until 2:00 pm – Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays
Emergency Management 101
Youth: Ages 14-18
- Learn the four phases of Emergency Management
- Who is responsible:
- The Public
- The Council
- The Mayor
- Government Departments
- Emergency Planning
- Types of Disasters (World Wide)
- What Potential Hazards exist in our area
- What can be done to prevent or lessen the effects from these potential hazards
Putting it All Together
Closing Program is open to all family, friends and the community.
Participants will display the skills they have acquired from the program.
Those who complete the program will receive certification as a Teen CERT member.
Community Emergency Response Team Training (Hands on) C.E.R.T
Adults and Youth Ages 14-18
- Empowering program designed for teens and adults of all ages
- Recap on Emergency Management Functions
- Emphasis on SAFETY
- Basic First Aid
- Light Search & Rescue (Knowing when it is safe to help out)
- Use of a Fire Extinguisher
- Working with a Buddy (Team Building)
- When NOT to help
- Learn Incident Command System (ICS)
- Learn how CERTs can be useful during non-emergencies
- Shelter set-up and management
No matter where participants go in life, they will have the knowledge and training to keep themselves safe. Be more aware of their surroundings. Recognize potential hazards around them and how to prevent or lessen the effects. Will know how to help out during an emergency; either at home or away at college. Skills they take where ever life carries them. At the age of 18, participants are eligible to register as a Citizen Corp Volunteer. To sign up, please contact Mary Nixon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Help Us Help You: Complete Yeadon’s Emergency Management Survey Today!