The Board of Trustees of the Yeadon Public Library seeks a dynamic community minded Library Director for our very active library located in a diverse community in Delaware County, PA.
The Director will possess a master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited
institution. The Director will have PA State Library Certification or eligibility to acquire same within 6 months, and a minimum of 2 years of supervisory and administrative experience in a public library or commensurate experience that demonstrates ability to address the features of this position including:
• High level of managerial and organizational skills along with the capacity to coordinate staff development, to work effectively with experienced, long-term staff, and to hire new staff as needed.
• Ability to exercise considerable professional skill, initiative, and independent judgment.
• Innovative thinking and knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
• Competence to develop, implement, market, and evaluate a multitude of programs and services addressing all age levels within a diverse community; and to manage collection development through timely materials selection and weeding.
• Proven capacity to work with various borough stakeholders (e.g., Library Board, Delaware County Libraries, Friends of Yeadon Public Library, William Penn School District, local, county and state governments).
• Commitment and ability to engage in community outreach and partnerships.
• Working knowledge of library financial systems and reporting.
• Exceptional interpersonal, written, and oral communication.
• Strong grant research and writing skills.
• Ability to assess the adequacy of existing and long-range plans for library building expansion and development.
• Planning and community needs assessment skills.
This position is full time based on 40 hours per week. Competitive health benefits and insurance coverage included.
Submit cover letter and current resume electronically to: email@example.com
Yeadon Borough is an equal opportunity employer.
The Director reports to the Board of Trustees and works effectively with the Borough Manager to oversee the safe and efficient operation of the library facility. The Director maintains relationships and provides necessary reports and information to Delaware County Libraries, and to the Board and staff of Yeadon Public Library.