Choose one of two workshops: Tuesday, November 10th and Thursday, November 12th
The William Penn School District is sponsoring a virtual Parent/Guardian workshop presented by national award-winning teacher and speaker R. Keeth Matheny.
The workshop will provide information on why social and emotional Learning is so important for young people, and how parents can support students’ emotional health.
The workshop is being offered on Tuesday, November 10th and Thursday, November 12th from 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm. Parents/Guardians are invited to attend one of the two sessions. The workshop is free but pre-registration is required.
- What is Social and Emotional Learning and why is it important?
- What is going on with the teenage brain? How can we use that understanding to better support teens and help them manage their emotions and make positive decisions?
- How can we help support students’ emotional health during COVID?
- What does effective SEL look like in schools and in communities?
- How can we support building transformative programs for students?