Up to 700 volunteers are needed to support an Alternative Care Site at the Glen Mills School in Delaware County. The site, currently being set up by members of the Pennsylvania Department of Health, National Guard and the Delaware County Department of Emergency Services will serve as a medical facility specifically for patients who have not tested positive for COVID-19, but are being treated for low-acuity conditions at regional hospitals, in the event that a hospital is full treating COVID-19 patients.
There is an urgent need for volunteers including:
- Active and retired medical and healthcare professionals such as doctors, nurses, dentists, pharmacists and veterinarians
- Medical and nursing students
- Behavioral Health professionals
- Support, Administrative and Logistic Staff
- Citizen Corps of Delaware County
If interested, please register online at https://www.delcocitizencorps.com
Watch a video of Delaware County Council Chair Brian Zidek, and Emergency Services Director Tim Boyce announcing that the Glen Mills School will serve as a Federal Emergency Medical Station for the region.